ToR for Communications Strategy Development
ISET - ეკონომიკის საერთაშორისო სკოლა
Terms of Reference
Communications Strategy Development for ISET Policy Institute
The ISET Policy Institute (ISET-PI) (https://iset-pi.ge/) is an initiative of the International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University (ISET). It was established by the Partnership for Economic Education and Research in 2011 as a Georgian NGO with financial support from the Think Tank Fund of the Open Society Foundation. ISET-PI was created as a university-based think tank to complement ISET’s academic arm, translate economic research into policy advice and inform policy making in the region. ISET, itself was established in 2006 with donor support following the strategic request of the Government of Georgia to create a sustainable institutional model for providing world-class economics education in the Caucasus. Creating a think tank on the ISET platform was thus regarded as a promising strategic endeavor. It was expected that high-quality economic research would contribute to the economic transition of both Georgia and the region.
ISET-PI is an integral part of ISET and must be viewed as such in terms of its organizational setup, financing and sustainability prospects. It is managed by the ISET Governing Board and is led by the ISET Director. There are strong links and significant cross-fertilization between the academic and policy arms of the institution. ISET’s key objective is to achieve a sustainable institutional model for world-class economics education, independent research and rigorous policy analysis. ISET-PI is a main contributor for this objective, particularly for the goal related to policy analysis.
Objective of the Assignment
ISET-PI’s communication has been recognized as critical element for the success and effectiveness and has been a major part of its activities. However, it has not been grounded in specific communication strategy. The objective of the assignment is to develop a communication strategy to support delivery of the PI’s Think-Tank Development Strategy (currently under design) for stronger policy impact, greater visibility and enhanced public education. The strategy should include a two-year work plan.
Scope of work and main responsibilities
The consultant will carry out the following work that will feed into the development of the communication strategy:
- Identification of the target audiences;
- Identification of the communication objective for each targeted audience (stakeholder mapping);
- Identification of the communication products and activities tailored to each audience;
- Specify appropriate communication channels, dissemination methods and media such as video, print, web/online media, traditional media, and social media, among others, to effectively communicate key messages to specific stakeholders;
- Create a two-year work plan with clear deliverable outcomes, indicators and tools for the implementation of the strategy;
- Assess the profile of ISET’s communication department and suggest relevant modifications in terms of roles, capacities and gaps, if any;
- Develop indicators to monitor and evaluate communications tools and activities, in order to measure the impact on achieving the overall objectives.
The consultant will closely work with the Director, Lead Economists and Communications Department of ISET Policy Institute.
Deliverables and Timeline
The assignment is expected to commence in March 2020 and be completed by May 2020. The expected level of effort is up to 20 consultant days. The date of submission of final Communication Strategy is May 2020. The consultant is expected to spend up to 10 working days in ISET in Tbilisi, working closely with ISET team. The consultant is expected to present the Communications Strategy to the ISET community upon completion of the task and to conduct a training/working session for the Communications Department.
The Consultant will need to demonstrate:
- Degree in a relevant discipline with at least five years of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated experience in communications sector, including in successfully developing communication strategies;
- Experience in working with think-tanks;
- Excellent writing, editing and analytical skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Fluency in English.
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and short letter under 500 words stating your experience relevant to this role and highlighting the earliest you would be available to start to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, indicate “Communication Strategy Development” in the subject line of the email. Please note we will only contact you if you are shortlisted for interview. We are not able to notify you if your application is not successful.
Application Deadline: March 12, 2020
გამოცდილების დონე: საშუალო
ბოლო ვადა: 12/03/2020