Project Director in Zugdidi
CARE INTERNATIONAL IN THE CAUCASUS
“CARE International in the Caucasus serves disempowered people so they can overcome poverty with dignity. CARE models the principles of transparency, accountability, participation, equity and continuous learning.”
Job Title: Project Director (International Hire)
Immediate Supervisor: CARE Caucasus Mission Director
Duty Station: Georgia -Zugdidi (Periodic travel will be required to Abkhazia)
Position type: Full time
Deadline for application: 13 March, 2020
Duration: It is anticipated that if contract is awarded it will operate one full year, with the potential for two (2) consecutive extensions of 12 months each at the anniversary of the initial contract end date.
*This is a call for CVs for a tender and the position is financed upon approval.
CARE International in the Caucasus is announcing an opportunity for a Project Director’s position for a UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office - funded project under the Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) Framework. This multi-year project is designed for delivering sustainable contributions to peace, stability and security in Georgia.
The purpose of the project:
The project will contribute to maintaining and increasing space for dialogue and confidence building, and to drive the generation of relationships and ideas that can contribute to a transformative impact towards peace and reconciliation in conflict affected communities in Georgia proper and Abkhazia through:
- Development and engagement of new generation of peace-builders, including more women and youth in dialogue and reconciliation mechanisms;
- Peace building interventions that arise out of confidence-building dialogue and activities deliver solutions that respond to public needs and interests, thereby demonstrating the value and benefits of dialogue to the wider population;
- A reinvigorated role of local and grassroots civil society (that includes more women, young people, vulnerable groups and communities), able to participate meaningfully and influence decision-making in peace mechanisms;
- Key relevant political actors including decision-makers are engaged and meaningfully participate in peace-building activities and dialogue, including by more visibly recognising the benefits of peace and supporting solutions to shared problems.
The position is responsible for the overall management of a project which supports civil society activities aimed at strengthening women’s and youth’s peace-building capacities across conflict affected communities in Georgia proper and Abkhazia.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
The International Project Director (IPD) is responsible for
- strategic planning & project steering,
- coordination and harmonized implementation of project activities,
- monitoring and oversight of partners’ and consultants’ work,
- networking and advocacy,
- sub-award management in cooperation with CARE UK and CARE Caucasus,
- budget and financial management,
- project reporting,
- line-management of project staff and liaison with financial and administrative support staff.
The Project Director is also expected to provide technical advice and professional support to the project partners in the areas of women and youth empowerment and gender equality, monitoring and evaluation, as well as support to enhance partners’ management capacities.
Education, Skills and Experience
- University degree in International Development, Gender, Conflict Resolution or similar qualification
- Five years of International NGO experience in management position
- Proven experience and competence in gender equality, advocacy and capacity building
- Experience of working in the South Caucasus on peace-building related issues highly desirable
- Experience of working in partnerships with local NGOs
- Strong Project Management experience (people management, PCM, project design and implementation, M&E)
- Project financial management experience (budget responsibility, forecast, and financial monitoring and reports)
- In-depth experience in contract management is desired.
- Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence
- Gender and cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent diplomacy and inter-personal skills
- Facilitation skills
- Ability to undertake capacity-building and transfer skills to staff/partners
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and follow up where required
- Attention to detail and an orderly approach to tasks
- Flexibility, learns quickly and works well within a team
- English language fluency required, Georgian and /or Russian language working knowledge highly desirable.
- Good working computer skills.
Please submit a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae (including names and contact information of three references. Please also indicate your salary expectation) to the following e-mail address: email@example.com Please, indicate "Project Director" in the subject line of your application, otherwise your application will not be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, disability, or socioeconomic status.
CARE has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. CARE requires that its employees, volunteers, suppliers, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities as well as any subcontractors, will neither use or engage in, nor allow their employees or other persons engaged by them to use or engage in, any: threats of violence, verbal or psychological harassment or abuse, and/or sexual exploitation and abuse.
გამოცდილების დონე: საშუალო
ბოლო ვადა: 13/03/2020