Monitoring, Evaluation, Assessment and Learning Coordinator in Zugdidi
CARE INTERNATIONAL IN THE CAUCASUS
“CARE International in the Caucasus serves disempowered people so they can overcome poverty with dignity. CARE models the principles of transparency, accountability, participation, equity and continuous learning.”
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Assessment and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
Duty Station: Georgia - Zugdidi (frequent travel in project area will be required)
Position type: Full time
Deadline for application: 13 March, 2020
Duration: It is anticipated that if contract is awarded it will operate one full year, with the potential for two (2) consecutive extensions of 12 months each at the anniversary of the initial contract end date.
*This is a call for CVs for a tender and the position is financed upon approval.
CARE International in the Caucasus is announcing an opportunity for a MEAL Coordinator’s position for a UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office - funded project under the Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) Framework. This multi-year project is designed for delivering sustainable contributions to peace, stability and security in Georgia.
The purpose of the project:
The project will contribute to maintaining and increasing space for dialogue and confidence building, and to drive the generation of relationships and ideas that can contribute to a transformative impact towards peace and reconciliation in conflict affected communities in Georgia proper and Abkhazia through:
- Development and engagement of new generation of peace-builders, including more women and youth in dialogue and reconciliation mechanisms;
- Peace building interventions that arise out of confidence-building dialogue and activities deliver solutions that respond to public needs and interests, thereby demonstrating the value and benefits of dialogue to the wider population;
- A reinvigorated role of local and grassroots civil society (that includes more women, young people, vulnerable groups and communities), able to participate meaningfully and influence decision-making in peace mechanisms;
- Key relevant political actors including decision-makers are engaged and meaningfully participate in peace-building activities and dialogue, including by more visibly recognising the benefits of peace and supporting solutions to shared problems.
The purpose of the position is to develop and maintain an independent and systematic capacity of program to effectively monitor the progress and evaluate achievement of the project objectives in the target communities. Under the direct supervision of the Project Director, the MEAL Coordinator is responsible for establishing and maintaining project M&E systems, design of surveys, coordinating M&E information flow from implementing partners and stakeholders, processing M&E data and preparing reports for submission to project management and donor. The MEAL Coordinator will be providing specific guidance/training to project staff, implementing partners and other stakeholders in information collection and analysis. In carrying out the above responsibilities The MEAL Coordinator will maintain high level of coordination with the program staff and partners.
- University degree in sociology, economy, public or business administration, or a related field.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences:
- A minimum of 5 years experience of working as senior M&E staff for international donor funded organization/project;
- Good knowledge of logical framework design, quantitative/qualitative methods of data collection and statistical analysis;
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of Georgian and Russian is highly desirable;
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications and data-bases;
- Excellent communication and training skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details;
- Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to form and maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues;
- Presentation and Reporting skills.
Excellence, Integrity, Respect, Diversity, Commitment to Service, Initiating Action, Pro-Active Problem Solving, Stress Tolerance, Building Partnerships, Collaboration, Negotiation, Coaching, Developing Teams, Information Monitoring, Operational Decision-Making, Planning and Organizing
Please submit a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae (including names and contact information of three references. Please also indicate your salary expectation) to the following e-mail address: email@example.com Please, indicate "MEAL Coordinator" in the subject line of your application, otherwise your application will not be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, disability, or socioeconomic status.
CARE has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. CARE requires that its employees, volunteers, suppliers, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities as well as any subcontractors, will neither use or engage in, nor allow their employees or other persons engaged by them to use or engage in, any: threats of violence, verbal or psychological harassment or abuse, and/or sexual exploitation and abuse.
გამოცდილების დონე: საშუალო
ბოლო ვადა: 13/03/2020