Georgia Capital is looking for talented young professionals for the position of Investment Officer.
Join our company to participate in the development of the most exciting business projects happening in Georgia across the fields such as education, insurance, healthcare, hospitality, construction, beverage production, utilities, renewable energy, digital marketing and other and discover the most interesting and direct way to your career growth.
About us . . .
We are a London Stock Exchange listed (LSE: CGEO LN), largest Georgia-based investment group with a portfolio of companies across various sectors.
Our portfolio of investments consists of LSE premium listed company – Bank of Georgia (Financial Services) and private companies: Georgia Healthcare Group (Healthcare – a holding company of EVEX, GEPHA and Imedi L), Georgia Global Utilities (Utility and Renewable Energy), Georgia Real Estate/m2 (Hospitality and Real Estate), Aldagi (Insurance), Georgia Beverages (Beverage), Education business, Greenway (Car Technical Inspection), Amboli (Car Services) and Redberry (Start-up Incubator and Digital Marketing).
The Group is well positioned to capture growth opportunities in a number of underdeveloped markets given Georgia’s fast-growing economy.
Georgia Capital’s business includes the elements of private equity fund and the functions cover the following activities:
- evaluating the investment opportunities and preparing investment cases;
- structuring of investment allocations to group investment businesses;
- analysis of company’s investments;
- market research;
- business development, including new investments (greenfield and acquisitions) and exit strategies (strategic sale and IPO);
- project management;
- raising debt and equity financing for the group through private placements and capital market transactions – both debt and equity;
- managing outside and internal due diligences;
- working with lenders and communicating with investors
- oversight of portfolio companies and working with portfolio companies to drive value creation.
About the role . . .
Since 2016, as part of Investment Officer recruitment process, our company successfully recruited over 30+ young talents who joined the group in the capacity of Investment Officers, as well as at various positions in portfolio companies as CFO, head of finance, senior analyst, etc. In their capacity, they contribute greatly to the development of the group.
Investment Officers gain exposure to all the group’s businesses and acquire experience in fields of finance, project management, marketing, sales and communications.
Investment Officers provide support in carrying out all or some combination of investment functions. Investment Officers work collaboratively with senior members of the group management team as well as the portfolio companies and participate in meetings and discussions about business performance, strategy and business development. They play an important role in Georgia Capital’s investment activities. Investment Officers report to the Director of Investments.
In addition, Investment Officers will benefit from a comprehensive, multi-week induction (training) program in the headquarters of the group and the portfolio companies that is designed to introduce the group strategy, values and operations, and serve as group-wide networking platform.
Competitive compensation package – Comprising of a base salary and annual performance bonus (cash and/or CGEO shares);
Sign-on bonus – Upon signing the employment agreement in the amount of GEL 12,500 (includes taxes stipulated by the legislation (gross));
Benefits package – Health insurance, pension plan, sick leave/personal days-off, mobile phone reimbursement, other financial assistance (where applicable);
Location – Georgia Capital is located in a modern A class office in the city center.
About you . . .
We are inviting all motivated and talented young professionals who meet the following qualifications to apply:
- Exceptional business analytic and quantitative skills;
- Strong intellect and focus;
- Excellent professional and academic track record;
- Excellent communication skills; Able to synthesize complicated analysis concisely and to articulate insightful conclusions compellingly;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to operate with limited supervision;
- Strong track-record of being a fast learner and need for personal and professional growth and development;
- Driven and able to think on feet;
- Dedicated team player with a strong sense of ownership, eager to work with others;
- Language: strong English skills;
- Technical: strong Excel and Power Point skills; Good knowledge of accounting and corporate finance;
- Education or certificates: Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, math, physics or related field. CFA (or progress towards) desirable but not required;
- At least one year of relevant work experience is preferable.
Highly successful candidates should demonstrate the ability to execute fundamental financial and strategic analysis, apply sound business judgement, interact with senior executives and manage complex, fast-moving processes. Such individuals should be self-starters, feel a strong sense of ownership of their work, and have excellent team and interpersonal skills.
The selection process will comprise of quantitative testing, interviews with the human resources and the investment team. At the final selection stage, the short-listed candidates will have an opportunity to prepare an investment case as part of which will work with a mentor from the Georgia Capital Investment team. Investment Case will later be presented to the Georgia Capital Investment team.
If you are interested in and are qualified for the position of Investment Officer, we will be glad to receive your application which should include a resume with your photo in English and a letter answering the following questions: your resume tells us where you’ve been, so tell us where you’d like to go and why? (not more than 300 words in total);
In order to apply for the position of Investment Officer please fill out the application form at:
Recruitment is on a rolling basis. Available positions are planned to be filled in quickly, so early application is highly recommended.
The deadline for submission of application is October 30, 2020
Our Contacts: Tel: 0322 000 000
გამოცდილების დონე: საშუალო
ბოლო ვადა: 29/09/2020