Head of Operational Risk Unit
ფინკა ბანკი საქართველო
Head of Operational Risk Unit Reports to: Head of Risk Management and Compliance Department Duty Station: Tbilisi, Head Office Application deadline: 14 June, 2020 Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provides input to the development and execution of the OR strategy and framework.
- Develops internal control strategy, policy and procedure, oversees its implementation through a systematic risk management approach.
- Updates and maintains Operational Risk Policy to ensure that the policy reflects best practice.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders to facilitate open information channels and to ensure that the OR function remains aware of business change, relevant to the risk decision making process and a trusted partner through the Bank.
- Promotes and encourages a strong culture of ORM and operational excellence, partners with the business to continually improve OR processes and business operating models supporting safe business growth and informed risk related decision making.
- Drives the identification, assessment, measurement, mitigation and monitoring of operational risk through consumption of information from the effective deployment of RCSA’s, KRI’s, scenario analysis, event management (monitoring of event recording, event trend analysis) and targeted risk assessments.
- Creates and develops executive level written and metric based reports and dashboards to highlight key operational risk issues, trends and potential impacts for the Risk Committee, Executive Management and Audit, Supervisory Board and any external regulators or parties.
- Performs root cause analyses on identified risk events to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurrence in future.
- Investigates internal fraud cases.
- Reviews high risk new business initiatives and outsourcing activities.
- Facilitates scenario analysis with businesses to stress the control environment under simulated conditions, drives accurate capital allocations and input to ICAAPs as required.
- Stays up-to-dated of industry news and regulatory developments to facilitate a more proactive approach to risk identification and mitigation. Reviews root cause analysis on internal operational risk events and those that occurred externally in the industry.
- Assists the Principal Risk Owners with the identification of key risks and mitigating controls in their business units, as well as action plans to address any gaps in the mitigating measures identified.
- Oversees mitigation programs and projects to ensure they are being implemented effectively;
- Plans and controls Internal Control performance.
- Evaluates internal controls, considering whether the proper control activities have been established and are operating effectively.
- Manages bank risk in their respective department/unit /region/ service center; as part of this, supports the implementation of the risk management policy, procedures and strategies and controls their enforcement; identifies inherent risks in their respective unit / service center; collects and coordinates in the unit/service center risk events; immediately reports to the Risk Management Department about risk event or any important finding containing any potential risk and acts in coordination with the Risk Management Department; provides information on the inherent risk exposure within their respective unit / service center to the Risk Management Department on a regular basis; builds risk culture and boosts risk awareness in the respective unit/service center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required qualification and skills:
- Bachelor’s or higher Degree in Banking or Business Administration;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in banking with relevant product/business, technical and risk & control practice.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of Operational Risk Management - practical experience in applying and managing an OR framework in financial services.
- Ability and experience to conduct training to staff at all levels and clearly and concisely communicate the process and benefits of the OR.
To send Your Application, Please Follow the Link to our Career Page
Short listed candidates will be interviewed (competency based interview). Please note that on some positions there will be used different selection criteria’s such as: testing, presentation, role-playing, case discussion, etc.
FINCA Bank Georgia JSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FINCA Bank Georgia JSC offers inspirational and dynamic working environment, freedom to develop your ideas, competitive compensation and benefits package and diverse career development.
The purpose of processing personal data which candidate submits to FINCA Bank Georgia is to manage applications in view of possible pre-selection and further recruitment at FINCA. All personal data collected will only be used for this purpose and will in no case be transmitted to any third party without your consent
გამოცდილების დონე: საშუალო
ბოლო ვადა: 14/06/2020