Head of Compliance Unit
ფინკა ბანკი საქართველო
Finca Bank is announcing a vacancy for the position of Head of Compliance Unit
Department: Risk Management and Compliance Department
Duty Station: Head Office
Head of Compliance Unit has overall responsibility for managing the compliance risk of the Bank. Function oversees the Corporate Compliance Program, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization. The position ensures the Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory bodies, company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the company’s Standards of Conduct.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensures the compliance of the Bank towards the requirements set forth under the Georgian Banking Legislation, Law on Personal Data Protection, Labor Law, Law on Facilitating the Prevention of Illicit Income Legalization, FMSG regulation “On Receiving, Systemizing and Processing the Information by Commercial Banks and Forwarding to the Financial Monitoring Service of Georgia”, Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (“FATCA”) related rules as well as towards developed FINCA respective internal (incl. global) policies/ procedures;
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Conducts periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Coordinates Bank’s anti-money laundering and terrorist financing efforts;
- Establishes and implements an internal FATCA control system sufficient to comply with the FATCA rules;
- Effectively responds to and implements any Law and/or Regulatory changes; Ensures that the AML Policies and Procedures are in compliance with the current legislation as well as global internal regulations.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Periodically reviews Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborates with other departments/units (e.g. Operation Risks, Internal Audit, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the Legal Department as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Maintains documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees, when needed, as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required qualification and skills:
- Master’s Degree in Banking, Business Administration, Law or relevant subject;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in banking, 3 years of which as a compliance professional or related function;
- Legal background is a plus;
- Proficient with Banking Legislation, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist obligations as well as other regulatory framework;
- Fluency in Georgian, English, good knowledge of Russian is preferable;
- Strong MS-Project skills, including good working knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Project) and Visio.
To send Your Application, Please Follow the Link to our Career Page
გამოცდილების დონე: საშუალო
ბოლო ვადა: 19/11/2020