Consultant TB and Human Rights
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Call for consultant/team of consultants for developing the content of the e-course – TB and Human Rights
Despite the global rates of new TB cases have been falling since 2005, TB burden in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA) is still high and cases of multidrug-resistant (MDR-TB) and extensively drug-resistant TB (XDR-TB) have been increasing. Fifteen of the world's 27 high MDR- and XDR-TB burden countries are in the World Health Organization (WHO) European Region, of which 10 are in Eastern Europe (including Baltic and Caucasus countries).
Among the measures needed to affectively tackle and eventually end TB epidemic is training is ensuring that all stockholders engaged in TB response have solid knowledge and skills on all issue related to TB prevention diagnoses, treatment care and support.
Many of the factors that increase a person’s vulnerability to TB or reduce their access to services to prevent, diagnose and treat TB are associated with their ability to realize their human rights. A human rights-based approach to TB prevention, treatment and care can help programme managers, civil society and other TB partners overcome the many barriers to effective TB prevention, treatment and care.
The promotion and realization of human rights is essential to overcome these barriers, diminish peoples' vulnerability to TB and ensure an effective response to TB as well as to achieve the Millennium Development Goals and increase impact on health, development and human rights more broadly.
In order to strengthen the community system by building the capacities of community groups and civil society service providers are offering high quality training on a spectrum of topics related to TB, PAS Center together with its implementation partner TB People is developing an e-learning platform (hereinafter, the Platform), tentatively called TEACH ME TB. E-learning platform “TEACH ME TB” will build capacity of a wide range of actors working on TB advocacy and service delivery by providing interactive, evidence-based training on all topics related to TB prevention, diagnosis, treatment, care and support, human rights, integrated people-centered care, advocacy, communication, awareness raising, service provision, etc. Importantly, courses will be delivered in ways easily accessible for all target groups, combining video lectures, reading materials and practical exercises. The quality of courses provided on the Platform will be assured by collaboration of TB affected community with the world’s leading universities, research centers, think tanks, experts, advocates, policy and decision-makers, donors, technical agencies and other partners. The Platform, developed and launched within the TB-REP 2.0 project, will continue its development and operation beyond the duration of the Project and will be managed by Network TBpeople.
E-learning platform will be created in the framework of the project TB-REP2.0. The project is covering eleven countries with high incidence of TB in EECA region, namely Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan. It is a multi-partner project implemented by the PAS Center, as the principal recipient in collaboration with the WHO Regional Office for Europe (WHO Europe), TB Europe Coalition (TBEC), TBpeople and Global TB Caucus.
Network TBpeople - a network of people affected by TB, registered in Georgia in 2017 as a non-entrepreneurial (non-commercial) legal entity. Guided by its vision (World Free from TB) and mission (Unite People, Defeat TB), the network aims to empower its members, increase international and national funding for TB, promote new technologies in TB prevention, diagnostics, treatment, care and support, and promote human rights of and reduce stigma and discrimination against people affected by TB.
Scope of the work:
Network TBpeople is seeking to contract consultant/group of consultants to design, develop and implement a content for course TB and Human Rights, which will be uploaded to e-Learning Platform.
The consultant/group of consultants will work under direct supervision and coordination of the manager Network TBpeopl and IT manager of PAS center, who are responsible for this activity.
The course will target following groups:
- People affected by TB
- TB community activists
- Peer educators / Counselors / Treatment supporters
- Family members of people affected with TB
- Staff of CSO TB service providers
- Community healthcare workers
II.Technical Description/Features of the e-learning platform
The Platform will have a public part accessible to visitors, containing the following:
- Home page: information about the Platform, news and updates, sign in/sign up window
- Courses database: information about each course will be available on the platform, with a possibility of filtering by topic, type (timed/self-paced), duration and other features
- Information about each course (course description, course program, faculty, timing – timed or self-paced, duration and estimated workload, languages, requirements for obtaining a certificate, quotes from trainees who took the course, as well as “register” button, leading to sign up/sign in page).
- Course materials such as presentations, reading materials, animations, infographics will be available for download, for registered users.
- Frequently asked questions also will be available for users and will contain detailed information about lectures, duration of the course, content of the course and other information.
Registered users will be able to access their personal cabinet containing the following:
- Cabinet homepage: list of current, upcoming and completed courses
- Courses database: information about each course available on the platform, with a possibility of filtering by topic, type (timed/self-paced), language, duration and other features
- Information about each course (course description, course program, faculty, timing – timed or self-paced, duration and estimated workload, languages, requirements for obtaining a certificate, quotes from trainees who took the course, as well as “register” button, leading to the enrolment to the course and course homepage)
- For each of the course, the following sections will be available:
Course homepage: description of the module of the course; links (play – in new window/download) to video lectures in the current module with links to downloadable text files with subtitles for each video lecture; links to downloadable reading materials and presentations in the current module; link to the test/puzzle for the current module (in new window); general overview of progress on the course (place in the overall course timeline and current score)
Video lecture page: youtube-like video player with subtitles in the chosen language and links to lecture materials (link to downloadable video file, link to downloadable text file with subtitles for the current video lecture; links to downloadable reading materials and presentations for the current lecture)
Test/puzzle page: web page with questions containing a certain number of answer options and a SAVE and SUBMIT buttons at the bottom. SAVE button will result in saving current answers without submitting them and return the user to the Course homepage or previous page (TBD based on testing). Pressing the SUBMIT button will open a page with test results. Write answers will be highlighted in green and explanation provided; wrong answers will be highlighted in red. Depending on the number of tries set for the course, the user will either be offered to redo the test or, if no more tries are available, explained each wrong answer. The score will be credited to the general performance on the course based on the pre-set formula of score needed to successfully complete the course. Users will also be given an opportunity to report a mistake and challenge the results of the test and give their explanation of why they disagree with a particular answer.
Overall performance page: the results of all tests taken during the course and analysis of each test, as well as indication of the score needed for a certificate or certificate with distinction (if envisaged for the course)
All sections of the course will have a navigation pane with a link to the Cabinet homepage and a section on the current course (Course homepage; links to other modules in the course, with the current module rolled out and showing links to video lectures in the current module, Overall performance page), as well as links to a feedback form, forum and FAQ.
E-learning Platform will be placed on the open source Moodle: https://moodle.org/). Moodle provides a strong set of learner-centric tools and collaborative learning environments that would empower both teaching and learning. The open source Moodle has a number of advantages for TEACH ME TB, including:
- being free open source software;
- giving full control over the source code and the database;
- offering a possibility to provide content in multiple languages;
- being tailored to individual needs, allowing to develop individual interface design and structure of the platform;
- supporting the needs of small classes and large organizations;
- being easily deployed on a private secure cloud or server for complete control;
- being designed to support both teaching and learning prosses.
II.Consultant selection criteria
The assignment will be conducted by a consultant or a group of consultants who will submit the proposal as a team (Consultant). The consultant will be identified through an open call for proposals. The qualification requirements and bases for evaluation and selection of the consultant are:
- Consultant with experience in development of online content (10% of final score);
- Experience in public health projects and especifically in TB and Human Rights (20% of final score);
- Experience of working with community (10% of final score);
- Experience in development of educational content/curriculums is preferred as well as experience of providing trainings (50% of final score);
Qualification requirements and basis for evaluation:
- General qualification (30 points):
- University or college degree in social sciences, public health, health promotion, journalism, communications, and/or similar field;
- At least 5 years professional experience in the area of public health or human rights;
Adequacy for the assignment (50 points):
- Demonstrate knowledge and relevant working experience in TB and Human Rights field, working experience with various actors including community and CSO service providers;
- Demonstrated experience in developing training modules/curriculums; facilitation/training and dissemination of knowledge and skills among various target groups. Experience in developing online content is considered an asset;
- Experience in working with communities, work experience with TB affected community is considered an asset.
Language and other qualifications (20 points)
- Excellent spoken and written Russian;
- English will be an asset;
- Excellent writing and correspondence skills, excellent communication skills;
Preference will be given to community members with TB treatment experience that fulfill the above criteria.
In coordination with Network TBpeople, the consultant will:
- Develop the content of the course – TB and Human Rights, based on the concept and technical parameters of the course;
- Prepare course for uploading to the online Platform (Prepare materials – readings, presentations, video and tests about TB and Human Rights, etc. according to the technical parameters);
- Provide necessary supporting information to the team of Network TBpeople;
- Closely work with TBpeople video consultant and PAS Center IT consultant;
- Make necessary adjustments based on feedback received;
- Provide all materials for uploading and updating content;
- After the launch of the Platform, provide ongoing support, including making necessary adjustments and improvements as requested by Network TBpeople and as required for effective operation of the Platform as per IT specialist guidance.
Interested applicants are expected to submit curriculum vitae and methodology and conceptual framework for the course TB and Human Rights, which contains information about format of the course, topics, vision, list of experts which could be considered for video, audio materials and list of relevant reading materials.
Duration of the assignment:
The consultancy is expected to take place from April 25, 2020 to end of July 2020, including testing and feedback integration.
The consultant/is expected to develop, support the upload and test the content of the course – TB and Human Rights.
- Content for the course TB and Human Rights in line with the concept and technical parameters of the course TB and Human Rights;
- Course testing and final adjustments.
The deliverable need to be presented in Russian.
- Inception and design approval – 10%
- Development, Testing and Final Report – 90%
Interested applicants will send curriculum vitae, motivation letter, methodology and conceptual framework for the course TB and Human Rights on the following email firstname.lastname@example.org up to April 17, 2020 with the subject (TB and Human Rights consultant).
გამოცდილების დონე: საშუალო
ბოლო ვადა: 17/04/2020