CIVIL ENGINEER / ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
An international Construction Consulting Company BHP International (Georgia) is seeking a Civil Engineer.
The Civil Engineer will be responsible for closely assisting the Project Manager in delivery of the project, from preconstruction through final closeout in the safest manner possible while maintaining the highest quality standards and meeting the Client objectives. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of construction experience. A degree in construction management is preferred.
The role involves tasks such as:
- Assist the Project Manager in all phases and aspects of the project
- Prepare for and assist with Project meetings (Agendas/Moderation/Preparation of Meeting Minutes).
- Prepare progress reports covering financial aspects of the project, the schedule and quality.
- Review drawings and specifications to become completely familiar with the project and identify long lead times and critical path items
- Prepare /Distribute all short interval and overall project schedules. Assist the Project Manager in the development of the overall project schedule
- Preparation of consultant and contractor tender documentation.
- Administer tender processes and reporting.
- Moderate/Participate in project meetings as required by the Project Manager and keep detailed meeting minutes for publishing to project team.
- Draft, submit, and track all submittals and distribute to all teams members as appropriate
- Review project logs (RFI’s, Submittals, NCRs’s) on a weekly basis
- Collect superintendent daily reports, weekly project pictures and safety documentation. Review for completeness and include in project documentation. Inform Project Manager of deficiencies and make recommendations.
- Visit Construction Site as required to monitor progress of the works and report accordingly.
- Use software to prepare construction schedules, and detailed micro schedules.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as fluency in English and Russian (good) is mandatory.
- A minimum of five (2-4) years of relevant construction operations experience
- A bachelor degree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Ability to maintain critical path project schedules using scheduling software. We use MS project.
- Maintain client relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing the Company’s commitment to continuously addressing their needs and interests.
- Work collaboratively with outside parties (I.e. the design team, etc.) to accomplish client goals
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Project, in particular)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe programmes, ArchiCAD.
- Demonstrate effective relationship building within the project team and throughout the Company
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project team at all times.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
CVs must be submitted only in English. Please indicate job title in subject line of email!
The candidate’s English language proficiency must be indicated in their CV. Please send us your CV on following email: email@example.com;
გამოცდილების დონე: საშუალო
ბოლო ვადა: 24/03/2020