ISET - ეკონომიკის საერთაშორისო სკოლა - Gender Impact Assessment/GIA Researcher
Gender Impact Assessment (GIA) Researcher
Based at the International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University (ISET), the ISET Policy Institute (ISET-PI) is one of the first university-based think tanks in the South Caucasus. ISET-PI complements the educational mission of ISET by delivering training, conducting research and analysis, expressing views on policy, and providing a professional platform for policy discussions and debates.
ISET-PI is seeking for a researcher which will support the ISET team working on institutionalization of Gender Impact Assessment (GIA) and piloting three GIAs for the target national institutions. The aim of the project is to strengthen the capacity of target institutions to incorporate in policymaking activities a gender mainstreaming perspective and to assess more accurately the expected impacts of existing regulations and of upcoming policy changes, differentiated by gender.
Title: Gender Impact Assessment (GIA) Researcher
Application Deadline: February 25, 2020
Project: March-December, 2020
Workload: full-time or part-time (minimum 20 hours per week)
Probation: 3 months
The main responsibilities and tasks of the researcher include:
- Working with senior researchers and other team members to on the methodology of Gender Impact Assessment (GIA) and piloting three GIAs for the target national institutions
- Conducting literature reviews
- Conducting focus groups and in-depth interviews
- Helping organize events, trainings and a workshop
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the field of gender studies, sociology, economics, political science or other relevant/similar field
- Demonstrated expertise in gender issues
- Ability to conduct qualitative research
- Excellent command of English and Georgian languages (both speaking and writing)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience using basic computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to operate with a variety of stakeholders who are culturally and gender sensitive
- Experience using Stata would be considered an advantage.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to the following email address email@example.com. Please indicate “GIA Researcher” in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The deadline to apply is February 25, 2020.